Employers are under a statutory duty under Section 19 of the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 to arrange for a “ Competent person” to assess all risks arising within the workplace or duties within their job role.
Risk Assessment encourages the identification of equipment/items and situations that may cause accidental injuries or health problems and is designed to focus on what could happen before it does happen.
What are the benefits?
- Preventing accidents, injury and ill health and their associated costs
- Reducing deficiencies in services or products
- Increasing staff morale
- Reducing damage and uninsured losses and claims for compensation
- Controlling costs
How can we help you?
We will provide a qualified consultant to carry out Risk Assessments on your behalf. This will involve the following:
- Identifying what could go wrong
- Evaluation of the level of risk
- Prioritising actions to control the risks
- Identifying control measures
- Implementing controls to prevent an incident from occurring.
All risk assessments are furnished in a documented report delivered in a hard copy and soft copy format for your records.
We can advise you on all aspects of the protocol and assist your organisation in preparing a bespoke return to work plan, reviewing, amending or updating policies, or indeed with any other queries you may have in this respect.
- Develop and/or update a COVID-19 Response Plan
- Appoint a worker representative/worker representatives
- Establish and issue pre-return to work checks
- Provide training and information to employees
- Implement adequate prevention and control measures
- Provide supports for employees
- Review and Update Policies