This course is aimed for employees, managers and safety representatives who have an interest in health and safety in the workplace. The course enables candidates to promote and maintain good health and safety practices in the workplace. It equips the candidates with knowledge of the applicable health and safety legislation.
• The Context of Health & Safety
• Irish Health and Safety Legislation
• Role & Function of the Health & Safety Authority
• Safety Management Systems & the Safety Statement
• Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
• Communication & training to promote health and safety in the Workplace.
• Fire in the Workplace
• Housekeeping in the Workplace
• Accident Investigation & Reporting
• Information Sources
• Environmental Hazards in the Workplace
• Safety Signs in the Workplace
• Health Promotion
On successful completion of this course successful candidates will receive a FETAC Level 5 Certification in Safety & Health at Work.