This course is aimed for employees who wish to act as an occupational first aider for their company. Under the General Application Regulations 2007 (Part 7 Chapter 2 First Aid) requires companies to train a number of their employees to act as Occupational first aiders in the workplace.
The course is also suitable for those wishing to train as a first aider for emergency situations occurring in everyday life
This course is an interactive course where there is a healthy mix of theory and practical methods of training throughout the course. Although the course is designed for the workplace all learning outcomes can be applied to first aid situations in the home and sporting situations.
- Video (CFR-C) based course ensures consistency
- PowerPoint presentations
- Group activities
- Instructor led, hands on practice reinforces skills proficiency
- Patient Assessment
- Cardiac First Response - Community
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Injury Management & Shock
- Care of the Unconscious Patient
- Burns & Electrical Injuries
- Hypothermia & Hyperthermia
- Information Management
- Well being of the First Aid Responder
- Duration: 3 days and 2 day course
Qualification Achieved: On successful completion of this course successful candidates will receive a Pre Hospital Care Council (PHECC) First Aid Responder Certificate.